Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Andres Agostini's Official Press Room! - Arlington, VA, USA

A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding.
Isaac Newton

Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
Isaac Newton

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
Isaac Newton

I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.
Isaac Newton

If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought.
Isaac Newton

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
Isaac Newton

If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
Isaac Newton

It is the weight, not numbers of experiments that is to be regarded.
Isaac Newton

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
Isaac Newton

To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Isaac Newton

To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science.
Isaac Newton

To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.
Isaac Newton

We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.
Isaac Newton

We build too many walls and not enough bridges.
Isaac Newton

A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know.
Lord Byron

A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress.
Lord Byron

A mistress never is nor can be a friend. While you agree, you are lovers; and when it is over, anything but friends.
Lord Byron

A thousand years may scare form a state. An hour may lay it in ruins.
Lord Byron

A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine and becoming viands.
Lord Byron

Absence - that common cure of love.
Lord Byron

Adversity is the first path to truth.
Lord Byron

All who joy would win must share it. Happiness was born a Twin.
Lord Byron

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
Lord Byron

America is a model of force and freedom and moderation - with all the coarseness and rudeness of its people.
Lord Byron

As long as I retain my feeling and my passion for Nature, I can partly soften or subdue my other passions and resist or endure those of others.
Lord Byron

Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.
Lord Byron

Between two worlds life hovers like a star, twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge.
Lord Byron

But what is Hope? Nothing but the paint on the face of Existence; the least touch of truth rubs it off, and then we see what a hollow-cheeked harlot we have got hold of.
Lord Byron

Death, so called, is a thing which makes men weep, And yet a third of life is passed in sleep.
Lord Byron

Every day confirms my opinion on the superiority of a vicious life - and if Virtue is not its own reward I don't know any other stipend annexed to it.
Lord Byron

Fame is the thirst of youth.
Lord Byron

Folly loves the martyrdom of fame.
Lord Byron

Fools are my theme, let satire be my song.
Lord Byron

For in itself a thought, a slumbering thought, is capable of years, and curdles a long life into one hour.
Lord Byron

For pleasures past I do not grieve, nor perils gathering near; My greatest grief is that I leave nothing that claims a tear.
Lord Byron

For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction.
Lord Byron

Friendship is Love without his wings!
Lord Byron

Friendship may, and often does, grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship.
Lord Byron

He who is only just is cruel. Who on earth could live were all judged justly?
Lord Byron

He who surpasses or subdues mankind, must look down on the hate of those below.
Lord Byron

Her great merit is finding out mine - there is nothing so amiable as discernment.
Lord Byron

I am about to be married, and am of course in all the misery of a man in pursuit of happiness.
Lord Byron

I am acquainted with no immaterial sensuality so delightful as good acting.
Lord Byron

I cannot help thinking that the menace of Hell makes as many devils as the severe penal codes of inhuman humanity make villains.
Lord Byron

I do detest everything which is not perfectly mutual.
Lord Byron

I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned.
Lord Byron

I have always believed that all things depended upon Fortune, and nothing upon ourselves.
Lord Byron

I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.
Lord Byron

I have no consistency, except in politics; and that probably arises from my indifference to the subject altogether.
Lord Byron

I know that two and two make four - and should be glad to prove it too if I could - though I must say if by any sort of process I could convert 2 and 2 into five it would give me much greater pleasure.
Lord Byron

I love not man the less, but Nature more.
Lord Byron

I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone.
Lord Byron

I should be very willing to redress men wrongs, and rather check than punish crimes, had not Cervantes, in that all too true tale of Quixote, shown how all such efforts fail.
Lord Byron

I would rather have a nod from an American, than a snuff-box from an emperor.
Lord Byron

If I could always read, I should never feel the want of company.
Lord Byron

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.
Lord Byron

If we must have a tyrant, let him at least be a gentleman who has been bred to the business, and let us fall by the axe and not by the butcher's cleaver.
Lord Byron

In England the only homage which they pay to Virtue - is hypocrisy.
Lord Byron

In solitude, where we are least alone.
Lord Byron

It is odd but agitation or contest of any kind gives a rebound to my spirits and sets me up for a time.
Lord Byron

It is useless to tell one not to reason but to believe - you might as well tell a man not to wake but sleep.
Lord Byron

It is very certain that the desire of life prolongs it.
Lord Byron

Let none think to fly the danger for soon or late love is his own avenger.
Lord Byron

Life's enchanted cup sparkles near the brim.
Lord Byron

Like the measles, love is most dangerous when it comes late in life.
Lord Byron

Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
Lord Byron

Lovers may be - and indeed generally are - enemies, but they never can be friends, because there must always be a spice of jealousy and a something of Self in all their speculations.
Lord Byron

Man is born passionate of body, but with an innate though secret tendency to the love of Good in his main-spring of Mind. But God help us all! It is at present a sad jar of atoms.
Lord Byron

Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication.
Lord Byron

Man's love is of man's life a part; it is a woman's whole existence. In her first passion, a woman loves her lover, in all the others all she loves is love.
Lord Byron

Men are the sport of circumstances when it seems circumstances are the sport of men.
Lord Byron

Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
Lord Byron

Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers.
Lord Byron

My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view, that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.
Lord Byron

One certainly has a soul; but how it came to allow itself to be enclosed in a body is more than I can imagine. I only know if once mine gets out, I'll have a bit of a tussle before I let it get in again to that of any other.
Lord Byron

Opinions are made to be changed - or how is truth to be got at?
Lord Byron

Out of chaos God made a world, and out of high passions comes a people.
Lord Byron

Prolonged endurance tames the bold.
Lord Byron

Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.
Lord Byron

Smiles form the channels of a future tear.
Lord Byron

Society is now one polished horde, formed of two mighty tries, the Bores and Bored.
Lord Byron

Sometimes we are less unhappy in being deceived by those we love, than in being undeceived by them.
Lord Byron

Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.
Lord Byron

The 'good old times' - all times when old are good.
Lord Byron

The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity.
Lord Byron

The busy have no time for tears.
Lord Byron

The Cardinal is at his wit's end - it is true that he had not far to go.
Lord Byron

The dew of compassion is a tear.
Lord Byron

The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.
Lord Byron

The heart will break, but broken live on.
Lord Byron

The place is very well and quiet and the children only scream in a low voice.
Lord Byron

The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.
Lord Byron

There is no instinct like that of the heart.
Lord Byron

There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.
Lord Byron

There's naught, no doubt, so much the spirit calms as rum and true religion.
Lord Byron

They never fail who die in a great cause.
Lord Byron

This is the patent age of new inventions for killing bodies, and for saving souls. All propagated with the best intentions.
Lord Byron

This man is freed from servile bands, Of hope to rise, or fear to fall; Lord of himself, though not of lands, And leaving nothing, yet hath all.
Lord Byron

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.
Lord Byron

Though I love my country, I do not love my countrymen.
Lord Byron

Though sages may pour out their wisdom's treasure, there is no sterner moralist than pleasure.
Lord Byron

'Tis pleasant, sure, to see one's name in print. A book's a book, although there's nothing in 't.
Lord Byron

'Tis very certain the desire of life prolongs it.
Lord Byron

To have joy one must share it. Happiness was born a twin.
Lord Byron

To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all.
Lord Byron

Truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.
Lord Byron

We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.
Lord Byron

What a strange thing man is; and what a stranger thing woman.
Lord Byron

What is fame? The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little.
Lord Byron

What is the worst of woes that wait on age? What stamps the wrinkle deeper on the brow? To view each loved one blotted from life's page, And be alone on earth, as I am now.
Lord Byron

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.
Lord Byron

Where there is mystery, it is generally suspected there must also be evil.
Lord Byron

Who loves, raves.
Lord Byron

Who tracks the steps of glory to the grave?
Lord Byron

Why I came here, I know not; where I shall go it is useless to inquire - in the midst of myriads of the living and the dead worlds, stars, systems, infinity, why should I be anxious about an atom?
Lord Byron

Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!
Lord Byron

Yes, love indeed is light from heaven; A spark of that immortal fire with angels shared, by Allah given to lift from earth our low desire.
Lord Byron

A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
Carl Sagan

All of the books in the world contain no more information than is broadcast as video in a single large American city in a single year. Not all bits have equal value.
Carl Sagan

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

I am often amazed at how much more capability and enthusiasm for science there is among elementary school youngsters than among college students.
Carl Sagan

I can find in my undergraduate classes, bright students who do not know that the stars rise and set at night, or even that the Sun is a star.
Carl Sagan

If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?
Carl Sagan

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
Carl Sagan

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works.
Carl Sagan

Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out.
Carl Sagan

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
Carl Sagan

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Carl Sagan

The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.
Carl Sagan

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.
Carl Sagan

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
Carl Sagan

We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.
Carl Sagan

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
Carl Sagan

We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology.
Carl Sagan

When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it.
Carl Sagan

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan

A child miseducated is a child lost.
John F. Kennedy

A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.
John F. Kennedy

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten.
John F. Kennedy

A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living. Today's military rejects include tomorrow's hard-core unemployed.
John F. Kennedy

All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words "Ich bin ein Berliner!"
John F. Kennedy

America has tossed its cap over the wall of space.
John F. Kennedy

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy

Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.
John F. Kennedy

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
John F. Kennedy

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
John F. Kennedy

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person between Nixon and the White House.
John F. Kennedy

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House.
John F. Kennedy

Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us.
John F. Kennedy

Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.
John F. Kennedy

For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder.
John F. Kennedy

History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside.
John F. Kennedy

I am not the Catholic candidate for President. I am the Democratic Party's candidate for President, who happens also to be a Catholic.
John F. Kennedy

I am sorry to say that there is too much point to the wisecrack that life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more advanced than ours.
John F. Kennedy

I am the man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris, and I have enjoyed it.
John F. Kennedy

I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times.
John F. Kennedy

I hope that no American will waste his franchise and throw away his vote by voting either for me or against me solely on account of my religious affiliation. It is not relevant.
John F. Kennedy

I just received the following wire from my generous Daddy; Dear Jack, Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide.
John F. Kennedy

I look forward to a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
John F. Kennedy

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
John F. Kennedy

I think 'Hail to the Chief' has a nice ring to it.
John F. Kennedy

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.
John F. Kennedy

I'm always rather nervous about how you talk about women who are active in politics, whether they want to be talked about as women or as politicians.
John F. Kennedy

I'm an idealist without illusions.
John F. Kennedy

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
John F. Kennedy

If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a president of the United States, he can do it. All he must be prepared to do is give his life for the president's.
John F. Kennedy

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.
John F. Kennedy

If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.
John F. Kennedy

In a very real sense, it will not be one man going to the moon it will be an entire nation. For all of us must work to put him there.
John F. Kennedy

In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility - I welcome it.
John F. Kennedy

Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom.
John F. Kennedy

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.
John F. Kennedy

It might be said now that I have the best of both worlds. A Harvard education and a Yale degree.
John F. Kennedy

Khrushchev reminds me of the tiger hunter who has picked a place on the wall to hang the tiger's skin long before he has caught the tiger. This tiger has other ideas.
John F. Kennedy

Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
John F. Kennedy

Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the stars, conquer the deserts, eradicate disease, tap the ocean depths, and encourage the arts and commerce.
John F. Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace.
John F. Kennedy

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.
John F. Kennedy

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing.
John F. Kennedy

Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process.
John F. Kennedy

My brother Bob doesn't want to be in government - he promised Dad he'd go straight.
John F. Kennedy

My father always told me that all businessmen were sons of bitches, but I never believed it till now.
John F. Kennedy

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

No one has been barred on account of his race from fighting or dying for America, there are no white or colored signs on the foxholes or graveyards of battle.
John F. Kennedy

Now we have a problem in making our power credible, and Vietnam is the place.
John F. Kennedy

Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life.
John F. Kennedy

Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security.
John F. Kennedy

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
John F. Kennedy

Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be a s big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
John F. Kennedy

Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.
John F. Kennedy

Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.
John F. Kennedy

Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
John F. Kennedy

Politics is like football; if you see daylight, go through the hole.
John F. Kennedy

Sure it's a big job; but I don't know anyone who can do it better than I can.
John F. Kennedy

The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.
John F. Kennedy

The best road to progress is freedom's road.
John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
John F. Kennedy

The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.
John F. Kennedy

The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.
John F. Kennedy

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.
John F. Kennedy

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.
John F. Kennedy

The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds.
John F. Kennedy

The human mind is our fundamental resource.
John F. Kennedy

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.
John F. Kennedy

The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
John F. Kennedy

The pay is good and I can walk to work.
John F. Kennedy

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.
John F. Kennedy

The tax on capital gains directly affects investment decisions, the mobility and flow of risk capital... the ease or difficulty experienced by new ventures in obtaining capital, and thereby the strength and potential for growth in the economy.
John F. Kennedy

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
John F. Kennedy

The United States has to move very fast to even stand still.
John F. Kennedy

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
John F. Kennedy

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life.
John F. Kennedy

There are many people in the world who really don't understand-or say they don't-what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. Let them come to Berlin!
John F. Kennedy

There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.
John F. Kennedy

There is always inequality in life. Some men are killed in a war and some men are wounded and some men never leave the country. Life is unfair.
John F. Kennedy

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
John F. Kennedy

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
John F. Kennedy

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust.
John F. Kennedy

Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.
John F. Kennedy

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy

Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes... can no longer be of concern to great powers alone.
John F. Kennedy

Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
John F. Kennedy

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy

Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm.
John F. Kennedy

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
John F. Kennedy

We believe that if men have the talent to invent new machines that put men out of work, they have the talent to put those men back to work.
John F. Kennedy

We cannot expect that all nations will adopt like systems, for conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
John F. Kennedy

We have the power to make this the best generation of mankind in the history of the world or to make it the last.
John F. Kennedy

We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.
John F. Kennedy

We prefer world law in the age of self-determination to world war in the age of mass extermination.
John F. Kennedy

We stand today on the edge of a new frontier - the frontier of the 1960's - a frontier of unknown opportunities and perils - a frontier of unfulfilled hopes and threats.
John F. Kennedy

We would like to live as we once lived, but history will not permit it.
John F. Kennedy

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John F. Kennedy

When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were.
John F. Kennedy

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy

A baby is an alimentary canal with a loud voice at one end and no responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan

A people free to choose will always choose peace.
Ronald Reagan

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Ronald Reagan

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
Ronald Reagan

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
Ronald Reagan

All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.
Ronald Reagan

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources.
Ronald Reagan

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
Ronald Reagan

Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Ronald Reagan

Don't be afraid to see what you see.
Ronald Reagan

Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known.
Ronald Reagan

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Facts are stubborn things.
Ronald Reagan

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan

Going to college offered me the chance to play football for four more years.
Ronald Reagan

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.
Ronald Reagan

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them.
Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
Ronald Reagan

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Reagan

How can a president not be an actor?
Ronald Reagan

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.
Ronald Reagan

I call upon the scientific community in our country, those who gave us nuclear weapons, to turn their great talents now to the cause of mankind and world peace: to give us the means of rendering these nuclear weapons impotent and obsolete.
Ronald Reagan

I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at gunpoint if necessary.
Ronald Reagan

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.
Ronald Reagan

I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.
Ronald Reagan

I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
Ronald Reagan

I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.
Ronald Reagan

I'm not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.
Ronald Reagan

I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
Ronald Reagan

I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.
Ronald Reagan

If the federal government had been around when the Creator was putting His hand to this state, Indiana wouldn't be here. It'd still be waiting for an environmental impact statement.
Ronald Reagan

If the Soviet Union let another political party come into existence, they would still be a one-party state, because everybody would join the other party.
Ronald Reagan

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan

If we love our country, we should also love our countrymen.
Ronald Reagan

Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.
Ronald Reagan

Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.
Ronald Reagan

It doesn't do good to open doors for someone who doesn't have the price to get in. If he has the price, he may not need the laws. There is no law saying the Negro has to live in Harlem or Watts.
Ronald Reagan

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

It's difficult to believe that people are still starving in this country because food isn't available.
Ronald Reagan

It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas.
Ronald Reagan

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith.
Ronald Reagan

Let us not forget who we are. Drug abuse is a repudiation of everything America is.
Ronald Reagan

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.
Ronald Reagan

Man is not free unless government is limited.
Ronald Reagan

Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
Ronald Reagan

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
Ronald Reagan

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
Ronald Reagan

My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose - somehow we win out.
Ronald Reagan

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
Ronald Reagan

No matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting.
Ronald Reagan

No mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology.
Ronald Reagan

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
Ronald Reagan

One picture is worth 1,000 denials.
Ronald Reagan

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
Ronald Reagan

Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
Ronald Reagan

People do not make wars; governments do.
Ronald Reagan

Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is just like show business. You have a hell of an opening, coast for a while, and then have a hell of a close.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
Ronald Reagan

Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing.
Ronald Reagan

Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.
Ronald Reagan

Recession is when a neighbour loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.
Ronald Reagan

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
Ronald Reagan

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Status quo, you know, that is Latin for "the mess we're in."
Ronald Reagan

Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out.
Ronald Reagan

Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere.
Ronald Reagan

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.
Ronald Reagan

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

The greatest security for Israel is to create new Egypts.
Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Ronald Reagan

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
Ronald Reagan

The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.
Ronald Reagan

The thought of being President frightens me and I do not think I want the job.
Ronald Reagan

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

They say hard work never hurt anybody, but I figure why take the chance.
Ronald Reagan

They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong.
Ronald Reagan

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
Ronald Reagan

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, I did not take the oath I have just taken with the intention of presiding over the dissolution of the world's strongest economy.
Ronald Reagan

To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
Ronald Reagan

Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong.
Ronald Reagan

Today, if you invent a better mousetrap, the government comes along with a better mouse.
Ronald Reagan

Trust, but verify.
Ronald Reagan

Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders.
Ronald Reagan

Violence has been Nicaragua's most important export to the world.
Ronald Reagan

We are never defeated unless we give up on God.
Ronald Reagan

We can not play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
Ronald Reagan

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Ronald Reagan

We have the duty to protect the life of an unborn child.
Ronald Reagan

We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.
Ronald Reagan

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

We should declare war on North Vietnam. We could pave the whole country and put parking strips on it, and still be home by Christmas.
Ronald Reagan

We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.
Ronald Reagan

We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.
Ronald Reagan

We're in greater danger today than we were the day after Pearl Harbor. Our military is absolutely incapable of defending this country.
Ronald Reagan

Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.
Ronald Reagan

Well, I learned a lot... I went down to Latin America to find out from them and (learn) their views. You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries.
Ronald Reagan

What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless, you might say, by choice.
Ronald Reagan

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan

While I take inspiration from the past, like most Americans, I live for the future.
Ronald Reagan

Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face.
Ronald Reagan

Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.
Ronald Reagan

Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
Ronald Reagan

You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by the way he eats jelly beans.
Ronald Reagan

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans.
Ronald Reagan

You know, if I listened to Michael Dukakis long enough, I would be convinced we're in an economic downturn and people are homeless and going without food and medical attention and that we've got to do something about the unemployed.
Ronald Reagan






Preferred Sites:

www.AgosBlogs.blogspot.com

www.AndyBelieves.Blogspot.com

www.AndyBelieves2.blogspot.com

www.AndresAgostini.blogspot.com

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOHiKT127DM

No comments: